EVENTS & BOOTHS
WHERE TO FIND EVENTS:
* Craigslist. Search for "craft fair", "event" "booth", etc ...
* Network with other DS reps-- ask them about events they know of
* Look up calendars for local rec centers, churches, and even elementary schools. Many schools do fall & spring carnivals or vendor shows.
* Check with private schools and preschools as well.
* Your local chamber of business
* City websites and calendars
* Check out your large convention conference halls for big events
* FB Groups (I belong to a couple of groups that are JUST for events)
* Google / BING / Yahoo search
* Look up Bridal Fairs/ Expos (only do CHEAP ones! Not over $200)
* Look for Girls Night Outs
* Ask your local mall or outdoor strip mall if they allow tables
HOW TO CHOOSE AN EVENT:
NOT all events are created equal!!! Some events are inexpensive ($15-$25), others are very expensive ($500-$1000). Most all events do not allow refunds if the event doesn't go well for you. Before you decide to do an event, think about the following things:
* How many years has this event been put on?
* How is this event being advertised? Will they have signs for local traffic?
* Does this event have repeat vendors? Can you contact a previous vendor?
* Is the location easy to find and have ample parking?
* Is the event connected with another larger event?
* How many people are they expecting?
Depending on the size of the event, you'll need a table and inviting decor to attract people to your table. If it's a large event you can split the costs with another local presenter. You'll definitely want to have cash and carry items on hand, specifically lashes!!!
Here are some helpful documents and printouts for having at events